Internationalization in Uniandes was defined as one of the main targets in accordance with the plan of institutional development (PID 2016-2020). In line with our internationalization policies 4 specific goals were established in order to contribute to the consolidation of a strategy:
- Improve the quality of the production of new knowledge generated by the members of our institution.
- Improve the impact of research and the products of new knowledge.
- Attract and manage funds and resources that allow the promotion of quality and impact of the new knowledge products.
- Contribute to interdisciplinarity in research.
As a result, five projects where proposed in order meet these goals:
- Contribute to the construction of a cooperation with strong key-partners in research.
- The second project corresponds to the consolidation of relations with leading research institutions, which had a previous association with uniandes due to precedent collaborations in research projects.
- The third project corresponds to the program of significant research experiences for the students.
- The fourth project corresponds to the association of international researchers in postdoctoral positions. This should be a possibility for all the faculties and departments of the university.
- The fifth project corresponds to the construction of a network, which allows us to involve alumni that work in research and academical institutions abroad in pur production of new knowledge.